- Deputy Principal– Congratulations to Mrs. Maureen O’Brien who has been appointed the Deputy Principal for our school. Mrs. O’Brien has over eighteen years experience working in St. Brendan’s and has taught at all levels in the school. She has also completed a Masters in Education and has a great passion for Music and the Arts. We wish her well in her new role.
- Retirement Mass– Mrs. O’Connor and Mrs. Lynch would like to say a massive thanks for all the support and generosity shown for their retirement mass, which took place earlier this month. We wish both of them a happy and healthy retirement and thank them for their amazing service to the school over the past two decades.
- Bazaar– Thanks to all the staff, parents and members of the school community for the support and generosity shown for the Dromtariffe Parish Bazaar, which was in aid of the three schools of the locality. The Bazaar took place on Sunday last. The event raised €2,400 for our school. Míle Buíochas do gach duine.
- Sherkin Island Marine Station Competition Winner 2017- Congratulations to all our winners of the Sherkin Island Competition. The pupils received their prizes during the week at morning assembly. Well done again to all.
- Christmas Play– ‘The Nativity’ Christmas Show will take place on Thursday December 14. The matinee show will commence at 12pm and all pupils may be collected at 2pm once the show has finished, in order to prepare for their evening performance, which begins at 7.15pm. Pupils must return to the school that evening at 6.50pm. The Parent Association will hold a raffle at the interval of both shows. The evening show is expected to finish at approximately 8.45pm. All Welcome.
- Christmas Play Costumes– The pupils have been informed of the costumes needed for their Christmas play. Examples of previous costumes for the Nativity play are available on our school blog- stbrendansrathcoole.scoilnet.ie/blog/ If you have any further questions or queries regarding costumes, please contact your child’s class teacher.
- Radio Kerry Visit- Radio Kerry will visit our school on Thursday December 7. They will record our pupils’ fantastic singing and some of their performances for their upcoming Christmas show. They will also interview a selection of teachers and pupils about the upcoming school performance. If you do not want your child to participate in any of the recordings or interviews please inform your child’s class teacher.
- RDS Primary Science Fair 2018- 5th and 6th class have been accepted to display their science project at the upcoming RDS Primary Science Fair in Limerick. The pupils are currently exploring the question- “Does increasing my fitness levels improve my school work?” The exhibition takes place on Saturday, January 20. Travel arrangements to Limerick on the day will be arranged after the Christmas break.
- Internet Safety Information Day- The Parent Association has arranged an Internet safety seminar, which will take place on Thursday, January 25. Pupils from the senior classes will take part in workshops during the school day. Parents are requested to attend an Internet safety and information meeting that evening. Additional details will be sent at a later date.
- Christmas Holidays- School will close for the Christmas break on Friday, December 22 at 12.00pm. The school will reopen again on Monday, January 8 at 9.20am.
To finish, I would just like to say a big thank you to the whole school community for their kind welcome and continued support since my move here in September. Míle Buíochas.
Le gach dea ghuí,