Nuacht ó Scoil Náisúinta Breandán Naofa 13/6/18
- Graduation- Graduation Mass for 6th class pupils will take place on Wednesday next, June 20 in the school hall at 1.30pm. A note has been dispersed to 5th class pupils about organising baking/sandwiches for the event. Please return slips by this Friday, June 15.
- 6th Class DVD- If parents of pupils in 6th class have any appropriate, suitable photographs of the 6th class children involved in school activities in the past, you may email them to the school and we will try and fit them into the Graduation DVD. If you have any questions or queries regarding this, please contact Mr. Horan.
- Early Closure- School will close at 11am on Thursday morning to facilitate the senior school tour to Haulbowline Naval Base.
- School Tours– Both school tours will take place this week. Today, the junior tour heads to Knockreer House in Killarney National Park for an exciting day of ecological activities. The junior tour will return to school at 3pm this evening.
Tomorrow, our senior tour will depart for Haulbowline naval base in Cobh. The bus will return back to Rathcoole Thursday evening at 7.30pm approx. No electronic devices or mobile phones are permitted on the trip. Pupils will eat part of their lunch in school before leaving on the bus. Pupils may bring the remainder of their lunches with them, but all food will have to be left on the bus, as there will be no bags/lunch boxes permitted during the tour of the naval base. Please ensure all pupils are neatly dressed in their new school uniforms and children may also bring their school jumper incase of inclement weather. Pupils are allowed to bring a maximum of €5 pocket money for the trip. If you have any further questions or queries please contact Mr. Horan.
- Millstreet Sports- Millstreet sports (Athletics) will take place on Monday next, June 18. All pupils from Junior Infants to 6th class are invited to take part in the event. A bus will leave the school with the junior pupils (Juniors- 2nd) at 10am approx. and will return at 12pm approx. The senior pupils will depart the school at 10.20am approx. and will return at 1.45pm. A note containing relevant information will be sent home with pupils tomorrow and should be returned on Friday. If pupils are not travelling with the school or are heading home with their parents after the event, parents must ensure the teachers in attendance are informed of the arrangements. All pupils are asked to bring €5 for the bus. Any further questions or queries please contact Mr. Horan.
- Ice Cream Fun Day- Our HB Ice Cream Fun Day in aid of Down Syndrome Ireland will take place on Tuesday, June 26 at 12pm approx.
- Crazy Hair Non Uniform Day- A crazy hair/non uniform day will held on this Friday, June 15 in aid of Crumlin Children’s Hospital. Children may wear their own clothes on the day to mark the event and may also decorate their hair with a ‘crazy’ hairstyle. All support would be greatly appreciated and pupils are encouraged to bring €2 to support the event.
- Rural Schools Competitions
Hurling and Camogie– Our hurling and camogie finals took place on Friday last in Newmarket GAA grounds. The boys played Freemount NS in the 9 aside B Hurling final and had a fantastic victory. Our girls had a tough battle against Millstreet girls in the 7 a side Camogie final, and were narrowly beaten in a tremendous game. Well done to all our players on an incredible year. A medal presentation for the victorious boys team will be held in conjunction with our Ice Cream Fun Day on June 26. All welcome.
Le gach dea ghuí,