St. Brendan’s N.S.
Parents’ Association Newsletter
Welcome to the November/December edition of this newsletter produced by the Parents’ Association of St. Brendan’s National School, Rathcoole.
- The Parents’ Association would like to join with the Board of Management, Staff, Pupils and the wider school community in wishing Mr. John Neville the very best on his retirement. A presentation will be made to Mr. Neville by St. Brendan’s N.S. (date to be confirmed).
Dates for your Diary
- A Bake Sale will take place in the School Hall on Friday’ 17th December. The Bake Sale is being organised by the Confirmation Class for the rest of the school. All proceeds will go to the Make a Wish Foundation. We wish the 5th and 6th class pupils well in their endeavours.
- The Parish Concert takes place in Dromtarriffe Community Hall on Friday, 17th December. All pupils taking part are asked to be there at 7.10pm. All proceeds are in aid of the Community Hall Fund.
- The Sam Maguire Cup will be brought to St. Brendan’s N.S. on Wednesday, December, 22nd at 9.30am, by Donnacha O’Connor (Ballydesmond and Cork Footballer). Children and supporters are encouraged to wear Cork jerseys and wave flags. Everyone Welcome.
- The Christmas Mass for the school will be celebrated by Fr. Liam Comer, in the School Hall on Wednesday, 22nd December at 11.30am. Everyone is cordially invited to attend.
- School will close for Christmas Holidays on Thursday, 23rd December at 12.00 noon.
- School will re-open on Monday, 10th January 2011.
- Athletics classes will start after Christmas. Six Tuesday sessions will consist of fun and games aiming to improve fitness and heart health. Tuition will be provided in athletics, running relays, discus, hurdles, shot putt and long jump techniques for all classes.
- Swimming lessons have been booked in Mallow pool for 1st – 6th classes. Ten lessons begin on April 5th and continue until June 21st.
- An English Poetry Competition will be held in the New Year. The Junior Section is for Infants – 2nd Class and the Senior Section is for 3rd – 6th Class. Heats will take place between January 24th and 29th. The Final will take place on 14th February. Get your poems ready.
- Great work is being done by Daniel O’Keeffe, Darragh Crowley and Denis O’Donoghue, in football skills for 3rd to 6th class pupils. We thank them for their time.
- Thanks to our Gymnastics teacher, Tricia Barrett whose 10 weeks of classes were most enjoyable. A fantastic display of gymnastic talent was performed by Infants – 6th class on the last day.
- Thanks to all who contributed Christmas Shoe Boxes. Beautiful photos appeared in the Corkman newspaper. Framed prints have been purchased for the school.
- Congratulations to Taragh Casey and Jenny Kelleher (both in 1st class) who won prizes in the Credit Union Poster Competition.
- Special congratulations to Pam and Paul Brophy on the birth of their son Jack, a brother for Jamie (5th class), Cara (Seniors) and Ian.