- Tin Whistle classes by County Cork School of Music commenced for school year. Keep practising for end of year exams.
- Commencement of Credit Union Savings for school year.
- Nature walks with students and window boxes planted.
- Baking classes. Healthy food from nature – Blackberry & Apple Cobbler.
- Football – 3rd to 6th classes competed. Boys lost to Donoughmore & Girls Won.
- Talk on Energy Conservation by Colette Creedon from Cork County Council in preparation for our second Green Flag.
- U-10 Boys brought in the Neily Twomey Shield from Canovee Blitz at weekend.
- We visited the school garden to inspect the progress of growing pumpkins for Halloween.
- Boys & Girls competed in the Rural Schools competition in Rathcoole playing hurling & camogie.
- Boys & Girls played football matches in Canovee & Dromtariffe as part of Sciath na Scol competition.
- Conkers planted in pots in school. Sent samples of our plantings to Dromagh Church for ‘Earth Week’.
- Football training with 3rd – 6th classes in Dromtariffe pitch from 3 pm to 4 pm on Tuesday evenings until Halloween.
- Boys & Girls football match in Clondrohid. Girls lost & Boys drew.
- Girls had Rural Schools Football Grading Blitz in Dromtariffe pitch. Congratulations – They won all their matches.
- School Year Mass on Friday 10th Planted Alder tree for ‘Tree Day’ with Junior/ Senior Infants, 1st & 2nd Classes.
- Pumpkins harvested from school garden for Halloween festivities.
- Mark Ellis attended hurling training session in Rathcoole pitch on 15th
- Sherkin Projects – There were 30 prizewinners and the Dr. Michael Kennedy award of €100 to two pupils.
- Parent – Teacher Meetings.
- Boys participated in Grading Blitz for Rural schools in Dromtariffe pitch.
- Maths Week celebrated.
- 5th & 6th Class Enrolment Mass for Confirmation.
- Trip to IRD Duhallow for Aldworth Family Exhibition – 3rd to 6th classes attended.
- Halloween Holidays – Students enjoyed Pumpkin/Leek & Potato soup & Bairín Breac made in school, Halloween costumes & “Thriller” line dancing; Sheila Fitzgerald photographed for the Corkman.
- Christmas Shoe boxes – 65, a very generous response.
- Children hung leaves with the names of their deceased family members on our Remembrance tree.
- Fire Drill.
- Practise for Carol Singing commenced “Seacht seachtain ramhar ó Shamhain go Nollaig”.
- Communion Enrolment practice in preparation for Holy Communion Enrolment Mass in Derrinagree.
- Teachers from Scoil Mhuire spoke to 6th Class students.
- Science week – Students participated in science related projects.
- Transition Year students completed work experience in school.
- A “Taster” series of Badminton classes provided by P.A. to 1st – 6th
- Public Speaking Team competed in Duhallow Public Speaking competition in the James O’Keeffe Institute. Also awarded Best Speaker of the night.
- 3rd – 6th classes go to Science Exhibition in Cork City Hall to celebrate Science Week.
- In recognition of 10 years of Health Promotion the school was awarded Health Promotion Flag. Ber Brown (PHN) came to speak to students about healthy eating.
- 5th & 6th class girls competed in INTO Mini 7’s football blitz in Knocknagree & qualified for semi finals.
- Congratulations to the Credit Union and Dromtariffe Bazaar Art Winners.
- Public Speaking Team progressed to final round of Duhallow Public Speaking competition in the James O’Keeffe Institute & won 1st Prize – Team & Best Individual Speaker. Congratulations to all.
- Girls competed in mini 7’s semi finals –
- Carol Singing practice in preparation for Carol Singing Fundraiser at SuperValu, Millstreet & our school Carol Service.
- Trophies won at Dromtariffe GAA Quiz.
- Christmas Holidays – 19th Re-opening Monday 5th January 2015.
- Mass in the school on Tuesday 6th January for the Feast of the Epiphany at 12:30.